Tuesday, June 5, 2012



Today was our first day with the children since I've been back in Meanguera. I've missed them so much! A friend told me when I was visiting in the United States that missing the children might be a good thing because then I would appreciate them so much more when I got back - she was right! A group of the children had been showing up to the house all last week since they heard that I was back, practically begging for us to start already. I had 5 of them playing in the house last Thursday - it made me smile. Saturday we had a meeting with the children's relatives. Olman came right in and curled up next to me like he belonged there. I wanted to keep him! 

Our afternoon group plus Rosme listening to the Bible story.
We had a good bunch of children today - 21! We were missing a couple in the afternoon, but we had 3 new children - Jonatan, Nathaly, and Abilio. I've worked with Abilio and Nathaly before so it is fun to have them again. Jonatan is very smart and very attentive to everything. Abilio is painfully shy, but still was attentive and participated in the activities. Nathaly quietly takes everything in and follows her friends' lead. The kids were all very excited to be back. Even Mauricio, who usually has no interest in coming without his big brother, walked in talking excitedly and grinning from ear to ear. They all remembered their Bible verses better than I did and were almost giddy about practicing English - it was very funny to watch them! Everyone fell back into the routine really well which is an answer to prayer because I was a little bit worried about them adjusting back. We only had tears from Abilio! Olman has gone back to some of his old habits of not knowing what to do with his own excitement and not realizing where his body is in relation to everything else, but I think we can help him adjust back quickly. I was encouraged to see that he was still eager to say the Bible verses, give us hugs, and practice English so we haven't lost too much ground. 
Mauricio and Dayana very busy with their play-doh.
I'm so happy to be back with the children again and to see all the familiar faces in Meanguera! Please keep us in your prayers. Pray for wisdom in handling the children and that they will always see Christ's love shining us as we work with them. Thank you all for your encouragement and support when I visited the states and thank you always for your financial support, encouragement, and prayers while I'm here. God is doing so many things in these little hearts through your support!
Olman is not about to let those cars out of his sight. 

Matia playing cars with Olman and Josue. 

No comments:

Post a Comment